Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Latest Teacher Must Have: Download Evernote Today!

 I recently started my first semester of student teaching. Now that I am getting into the swing of things, I have decided to start a classroom blog. The first tip I have learned that I have to share is that every teacher needs to download the Evernote App to their Mac! It is a fantastic program that allows you to take notes in different notebooks and share them with other Evernote users or keep them private for yourself. I have been using this program for everything under the sun since I started! 
      One of the biggest reasons teachers need this app is that it makes it really easy for you to put all of your observations about your students in one place. I have made a notebook for all of my classroom notes. Inside I have a note for each student. I simply click on their name and type the date and a few bullet points about any incidents or praises that I feel are important to document. Additionally, you can share parts of the notebook with administrators online if need be. Better yet, you can email individual notes as well. I also use it as a place to categorize different teaching ideas so that I can easily reference them sort of like a text version of Pinterest. 
    My last argument about why teachers need this free app for their macs is that Evernote allows you to store any documents, videos, pictures, or files you would like on a note. You can simply drag and drop any file from your desktop right into a note. This makes it easy for you to drag notes, emails, worksheets and scanned homework or folders into each students note. Finally, Evernote has a web-clip that you can download to help you copy text directly from a site or email into your notebook.



Download Evernote at: http://evernote.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment