Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tip of the Week- Download every teacher's new best friend the Apimac Timer for your Mac to use as a classroom management tool.

     This week I’ve been using Apimac Timer to help manage talking in our classroom. We have been playing Teacher Vs. Class all week and it has worked wonderfully. I simply set my timer to go off with a small beep every 8 minutes. If the class makes it until the timer goes off with only a warning or two then they get a tally. If not, the tally goes to the teacher side and I start the timer over so they have to last another 8 min. Eventually I want to use songs from my iTunes to signal transitions as well. You can use pre-programmed buzzers with this free mac app as well as songs from your iTunes account. 

Check it out here: http://www.apimac.com/mac/timer/

No comments:

Post a Comment